Mellifont Mews Dun Laoghaire
|Area: 1507 sq ft||Bedrooms: 3||Price: SALE AGREED|
|Type: Detached mews house||Location: Dun Laoghaire|
Set in what was the south facing rear garden of a Victorian period property, this recently built mews house designed by the architect owner employs innovative architecture to cleverly maximise the living spaces and flooding the house with natural daylight. Featured in Self Build and Improve Your Home magazine, the property is generously proportioned over three levels and completed to the highest standards of contemporary finish and design.
At the heart of the home is a smart open-plan kitchen/dining area with floor-to-ceiling bi-fold doors: these not only allow light to flood in, they can be completely retracted on fine days to extend the accommodation right into the garden. By excavating the site, the current owners have added further living space in the form of a large basement living area, cleverly illuminated by a glass ceiling panel bringing light from the garden above. Three good-sized upstairs bedrooms (one ensuite) and a family bathroom complete the accommodation in this delightful property, which also benefits from extensive insulation and other energy-saving measures.
- Spacious living area with skylight admitting light from garden
- Room accommodating heating system
- Entrance hall with stairs leading to first floor
- Spectacular, light-filled open-plan kitchen/dining area
- Downstairs wc
- Garage providing secure, off-street parking
- Master bedroom, with ensuite wc and shower, and balcony to front
- Two double bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Beautifully furnished and decorated property, in showroom condition throughout
- Spacious, contemporary kitchen, with large island unit, generous storage space and complete range of integrated appliances including double oven
- Bi-fold door system seamlessly integrates dining and garden spaces.
- Built-in, fitted wardrobes in all bedrooms
- Quality Travertine stone floor tiling and skirting throughout the ground floor and downstairs toilet
- Cosy, inviting basement living area with feature reclaimed brick wall and timber floors.
- Skyline views from basement via glass ceiling panel
- Timber floors in bedrooms and basement living area
- Feature wall with wood painted panelling, tiled floor, mosaic tiling and quality sanitary ware in family bathroom.
- Triple-glazed composite AluClad windows throughout
- Air-to-water heat pump system provides under floor heating in all rooms along with constant hot water to all showers and bath
- Mechanical heat recovery ventilation system in all rooms that brings fresh clean air into the rooms without letting the heat escape
- Energy efficient house design assures low light and heating bill thanks to excellent insulation and other energy-saving measures
- TV connections with WiFi connections in all rooms
- Multi-room audio systems wired to all rooms
- Attractive, grout-free granite cladding to front and coloured acrylic finish on remaining external walls
- Extremely low-maintenance garden
- Granite sidewall including reclaimed barbecue
- Feature patio with Travertine paving
- Folding door system instantly integrates dining area with garden
- Secure, off-street parking in garage
This property was featured in Self Build and Improve Your Home magazine – click on the link below to see what they had to say:
Mellifont Mews Dun Laoghaire enjoys an enviable location in a quiet and mature residential area on Adelaide Lane just a short stroll from the town’s main thoroughfare (George’s Street) and within easy walking distance of a wide range of shops, supermarkets, stores, boutiques, cafés and restaurants. The town is well served by an excellent choice of schools, while the famous harbour, People’s Park and other amenities are also conveniently close. Excellent public transport including the nearby DART station and a variety of bus routes offer quick and easy access to Dublin city and elsewhere.