Madonna House Lower Road Shankill
|Area: 1,900sq ft||Bedrooms: 3||Price: €580,000|
|Type: Bungalow||Location: Mature development 400m from village centre|
Few properties offer as much potential to develop and extend as this spacious bungalow located just a few minutes walk from Shankill’s regenerated village centre. That’s thanks to its winning combination of easily altered rooms, a conversion-friendly attic, a double garage and circa 7,500 sq ft (0.172 acre) of surrounding grounds.
At approximately 1,900 sq ft, it’s already exceptionally large, comprising a succession of sizeable, well-proportioned rooms in good, ready-to-move-in condition. In brief, these comprise an entrance hall, three good-sized bedrooms, a family bathroom, two reception rooms (currently in use as a lounge and formal dining room) in open plan configuration with each other, and an open plan kitchen/diner leading to a conservatory at the rear of the house.
Outside, the property’s extensive grounds are laid out as lawned gardens to the front and rear, set off by mature cherry trees, shrubs, flower beds and planting schemes. There’s also a large double garage and a long drive running all the way from the front to the rear, with additional access on the other side the house.
While the property would benefit from modernisation and improvement, any such investment will pay rich lifestyle dividends.
Call us now to arrange a viewing of this must-see property.
Madonna House Lower Road Shankill
- Entrance hall leading into lounge and to corridor accessing bedrooms
- Reception 1: Spacious and well-proportioned, currently in use as a lounge
- Reception 2: Another spacious room, currently in use as formal dining room
- Large, open plan kitchen/dining room
- Conservatory directly off kitchen/diner, overlooking back garden
- Spacious main bedroom with ample recess space to accommodate freestsanding wardobe
- Second bedroom with built-in wardrobe
- Third bedroom with built-in wardrobe
- Main bathroom with wc, whb and glass cubicle, walk-in corner shower
- Corridor with hot press and access to attic
- Large attic, suitable for conversion (subject to planning regulation)
- Large front garden set out in lawn, with mature shrubs, trees and flowers
- Long drive with ample off-street parking for several cars
- Covered sitting area to front of house, overlooking front garden
- Double garage to side
- Additonal access on opposite side
- Extensive garden to rear, set out in lawns with mature trees
- Block-built shed (in need of renovation)
- Modern fitted kitchen with stainless steel double sink with drainer, tiled ceiling height splashbacks and solid wooden worktops
- Full range of integrated kitchen appliances included in sale: electric hob with extractor fan, built-in oven, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave
- Open plan design emphasises feeling of light and space
- Curtains and/or pulldown blinds throughout
- Feature fireplaces in both lounge and dining room
- Quality floor and floor-to-ceiling wall tiling in main bathroom
- Good condition laminate timber flooring in all other rooms
- uPVC doubled glazed conservatory
- Double glazed aluminium windows in remainder of property
- Gas-fired central heating
- Property in good, move-in condition
- Quiet and peaceful location within a mature, long established residential area
- Excellent potential to convert (attic and garage) and/or extend or build in grounds (subject to planning regulation)
Tucked away in a mature residential setting off Dublin Road, the property is just a short stroll from Shankill’s regenerated, bustling village centre. This offers an excellent choice of shops and services including a pharmacy, hairdresser, restaurant, street food takeaway, café, newsagent, hardware store, a popular pub (Brady’s of Shankill), a Tesco convenience store, a public health centre and Shankill’s characterful public library.
Located between Killiney to the north and Bray to the south, Shankill is close to a great selection of schools including Rathmichael National School just around the corner, as well as St. Anne’s, St. Gerard’s, St. Brendan’s and St. Laurence College secondary schools.
The property offers easy access to a wealth of services and amenities in the wider catchment area including Shanganagh Park, the beach (accessed via Corbawn Lane), golf, tennis and other sporting facilities. Shankill DART station and Dublin Bus and Aircoach stops are close by, while the N11 is a stone’s throw away, providing an easy commute to Dublin and seamless transport links to the south-east and the M50.