Glendasan Convent Road Delgany
|Area: 6,500 sq ft||Bedrooms: 6||Price: €1.5 million|
|Type: Detached house||Location: Delgany, Co. Wicklow|
Step into the entrance hall of this exceptional property and the first thing that becomes apparent is its spectacular staircase worthy of Gone with the Wind. Yet in spite of their size, these sweeping steps are perfectly in scale with a surrounding space reminiscent of a grand hotel.
Everything about Glendasan is on a grand scale – six lavishly sized bedrooms for which the words ‘generously proportioned’ hardly do justice, a welcoming and well equipped kitchen at the heart of the house, vast light-filled spaces and no fewer than six bathrooms (four ensuite), none of which would look out of place in a luxury spa.
Grand scale but not impractical. As the current owners attest, this is also a supremely functional house within which every room has a purpose – many purposes, in fact, thanks to oodles of versatile space that suggest many uses for virtually every room. Accessed by four sets of French double doors from rooms within the property, the outdoor courtyard creates a fantastic open and inviting entertainment space.
Tastefully decorated and presented in pristine condition, there’s a host of high-spec and high tech features to cater for every lifestyle need.
There’s also potential to easily create more living space by converting the wood-panelled area above garage/car port, already provided with an adjoining bathroom, into a guest apartment.
Outside, the current owners have undertaken a series of major landscaping works to create breathtaking gardens and grounds, equally ideal for gathering with friends on a warm summer’s evening, tending to flowers or simply relaxing in total peace and seclusion.
- Entrance hall (9.56 x 7.22m)
- Study (circa 2.5 x 4m)
- L-shaped kitchen-breakfast room (8.38 x 5.84m)
- Utility room with adjoining bathroom (4.9 x 2.9m)
- Office/downstairs bedroom with ensuite (5.6 x 3.45m)
- Lounge (5.01 x 6.38m)
- Dining room (5.05 x 4.8m)
- Playroom/TV room (5.05 x 4.8m)
- Carport (4.3 x 9.9m)
- Double garage with ample space for two cars
- Landing (circa 5.5 x 5m)
- Master bedroom (4.08 x 5.07m) with ensuite bathroom (4.08 x 2.04m) and courtyard balcony
- Bedroom 2 with ensuite bathroom (circa 6 x 5m)
- Bedroom 3/playroom (circa 5 x 3m) with large balcony
- Bedroom 4/office/gym (circa 4 x 5m)
- Main bathroom (3.86 x 3.8m)
- Bedroom 6 with ensuite bathroom (4.3 x 5.66m) and courtyard balcony
- Extensive area above garage ready for easy conversion into guest apartment
- Gated entrance with electronic security gates
- Extensive gravel driveway accessing front and rear of house
- Sheltered blue limestone courtyard patio adjoining rear of house
- Built-in rustic brick outdoor fireplace with additional patio area
- Extensive walled planting areas with verbena, hydrangea, rosemary and fragrant lavender
- Extensive lawn to rear of house
- Mature and newly planted trees, including young apple orchard
- Extensive parking to both front and rear, plus enclosed spaces in garage and carport
- Poplar lined boundary
- Spectacular, hand-made oak staircase
- Built-in vacuum cleaning system including crumb sucker
- Gas-fired Rangemaster double oven
- Complete range of kitchen appliances
- Quality custom tiling in hall, kitchen/breakfast room and bathrooms (Travertine, slate and stone)
- Timber floors in all reception rooms and upstairs landing
- Carpets in all bedrooms
- Restful, pastel colours throughout
- Feature mirror in dining room
- Double doors between lounge and dining room
- Skylights create abundance of natural light upstairs
- Double-glazed uPVC throughout
- Drapes or blinds at all windows
- All décor and furnishings in pristine condition
- All bathrooms fitted and finished to highest standards
- Main bathroom and master ensuite include jacuzzi
- Three bedrooms with balconies
- Oil-fired zonal heating system
- Central vacuum Including baseboard vacs in utility and kitchen
- Log burning/flame-effect open fireplaces in hall and lounge
- Sound system throughout house and outdoor courtyard
- State-of-the-art security system
- Sky satellite TV and broadband
Glendasan Convent Road Delgany is situated in one of County Wicklow’s most sought after residential areas, an easy walk from Delgany village with its restaurants, pubs and shops including an artisan bakery, fishmongers and organic greengrocer.
Strictly by appointment.