Cotton Mill Pub Portlaw Co Waterford
|Area: Circa 3,000 sq ft||Bedrooms: 1||Price: €370,000|
|Type: Pub/Restaurant and Private Residence||Location: Prime position in busy village|
Trading as the Cotton Mill Pub and Restaurant, this well-established local licensed premises enjoys a highly visible roadside location at the southern end of Portlaw’s main thoroughfare, close to the village’s shops, services and amenities.
Newly built in 2001 and in excellent decorative order throughout, the property is presented in traditional, vintage pub style to create a warm and welcoming customer environment.
With a total floor area of almost 3,000 square feet, accommodation is extensive, comprising a lounge, bar, function room, kitchen, and various ancillary rooms, all within a single detached building.
Outside, there’s a spacious beer garden with a barbecue and two seating areas (one a patio area and the second on a raised wooden deck), enclosed by an attractive stone wall. Ample parking space is available.
In addition to the licensed premises, the property also includes separate, first floor accommodation, ideal for live-in use. W|ith a separate entrance from the rear of the pub, living space here comprises a large kitchen/living room, bedroom, shower room and utility room.
Maintained to the highest standards, this property represents an excellent opportunity to invest in an established food and pub business with a proven track record dating back almost 20 years. To arrange a viewing, contact us today.
ACCOMMODATION DETAILS – Cotton Mill Pub Portlaw Co Waterford
- Traditional style bar
- Snug area
- Back bar
- Store room, including walk-in cold storage area, ice bank and ice machine
- Customer toilets
- Large function room (upstairs) with separate entrance
- Beer garden (outside) with barbecue, patio and deck areas
- Kitchen/living room
- Bathroom with shower
- Laundry room
- Detached building
- Traditional style furnishings, fittings and décor
- High ceilings
- Fully equipped and fitted stainless steel kitchen with combi oven, deep fat fryers, hot grill, cooker, fridge and extractor
- Potential to increase size of kitchen in accordance with expansion of food business
- Separate wash area
- Modern double-glazed uPVC American sash windows
- Air conditioning (electric)
- Oil-fired central heating
- Served by main sewer
- Car park to front and side accommodating circa 40 vehicles
- Water charge: €800 per annum
- Commercial rates: €4,000 per annum
- Insurance: €2,500-3,000 per annum
- Electricity: €7,000 per annum
- Potential for betting shop
- No fulltime staff at present
- Details of turnover, licensing, sales and prices available from the selling agent on request
The property enjoys a prominent location in the busy village of Portlaw, which has a population ofapproximately 2,000 and is 25 minutes drive from Waterford City. The community is served by one primary school, while local attractions include the 3,000-acre Curraghmore House estate, home to the recently launched annual Altogether Now Festival.
Viewing by appointment only.