Birchwood Ballinaclash, Rathdrum
|Area: 2,073 sq ft||Bedrooms: 3||Price: €295,000|
|Type: Bungalow on 1 acre site||Location: 5 minutes from Rathdrum Town Centre|
Set in a truly secluded location commanding scenic views of nearby forests, fields and hills, this spacious family home combines generous living space, extensive grounds and a peaceful setting that belies its convenient location just five minutes drive from nearby Rathdrum town centre.
In excellent condition throughout, with both the exterior and every room recently repainted, the property is presented as a blank canvas, allowing new owners the opportunity to choose their own kitchen units, appliances, carpets, flooring, curtains and furnishings according to individual taste.
Outside, the house is set on circa one acre of grounds, bounded by mature woodlands, with a gravel drive leading from the gated entrance to the house. Privacy is assured thanks to the large size of the surrounding plot, allowing the house to be set well back from the road, away from public view.
Maintained and presented to a high standard, the picturesque gardens are set out in a series of lawns on all sides of the house, set off by a host of mature plants, shrubs and trees. There’s also a separate standalone garage, ideal for its intended purpose but equally suitable for a wide variety of alternative purposes, such as a workshop, storage room, studio or hobby/games room.
Call us today to arrange a viewing of this must-see country property.
BER: D1 BER Number: 111972097 Perf: 246.74 kWh/m²/yr
Birchwood, Ballard, Ballinaclash, Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow A67 WK53
- Entrance hallway (17.6’ x 6.3’)
- Living room (18 x 16.5 + 10.5 x 4.6’): with feature fireplace, overlooking gardens to front
- Kitchen/diner (18.3 x 14.6’ + 6.7 x 7.1’): large open-plan space at the heart of the home, with dual aspect overlooking gardens to side and rear
- Utility room (7.7’ x 6.1’): off kitchen, overlooking gardens to rear
- Corridor (21.2 x 3.5’): off hallway, with access to attic, leading to bedrooms
- Bedroom 1 (11.5 x 10.8’): overlooking gardens to front
- Bedroom 2 (11.5’ x 10.6’): overlooking gardens to front
- Bedroom 3 (13.3 x 10.2’): overlooking gardens to rear
- Family bathroom (10.3’ x 8’) with wc, whb and corner glass cubicle shower
- Separate Garage (22.7 x 15.1′): housing unit for oil-fired central heating
FLOOR AREA SUMMARY
- Main House (46.4 x 37.3’): 1,730 sq ft
- Garage (22.7 x 15.1): 343 sq ft
- Total floor area: 2,073 sq ft
- Outstanding family home, in excellent condition throughout
- All rooms newly repainted
- Feature fireplace in living room
- Oil-fired central heating
- Décor in soft, neutral tones to emphasise natural light
- uPVC double-glazed windows and exterior doors
- Property set in one-acre site
- Extensive gravelled driveway
- Idyllic country setting with superb, all-round views of surrounding woods, hills and fields
- Separate, freestanding garage outbuilding, suitable for many purposes
- Gardens set out in lawns and bounded by mature hedges screening property from public view
- Sunny, south-facing rear aspect – gardens attract sun throughout the day
- Ample parking space
- Property has its own registered septic tank
- Property has its own water supply (private well)
This property enjoys the best of both words thanks to its scenic yet convenient location one minute’s drive from Ballinaclash village centre, five minutes’ from Rathdrum and 23 minutes from Wicklow Town, between them offering an excellent choice of shops, stores, schools, boutiques, cafés, amenities and services.
The property is ideally placed to enjoy many sports and outdoor pursuits, including athletics, soccer, GAA, golf, fishing, horse riding, cycling, field sports and walking along the area’s many scenic paths and trails. Top local attractions include Parnell’s ancestral home at the Avondale Estate, Clara Lara Fun Park, and Brook Lodge Hotel and Macreddin Village
A regular commuter train service from Rathdrum links Dublin via Greystones and Bray.
VIEWING: By appointment only