63 New Vale Shankill
|Area: Circa 2,610 sq ft||Bedrooms: 5||Price: €825,000|
|Type: Extended, semi-detached house||Location: within 500m of village centre|
From the outside it looks like a characterful cottage but step inside and it soon becomes apparent that there’s much more to this inviting property than first meets the eye. That’s thanks to a well-executed two-storey conversion that has almost trebled the original floor area, in the process transforming it into an outstanding family home.
Completed by the current owners in 2008, the improvement has created an exceptionally spacious and stylish contemporary open-plan kitchen, dining and lounge living space, overlooking the rear garden and scenic mountains beyond. The entire space is flooded by natural light pouring through expansive windows and glass doors, ideally positioned to take full advantage of the property’s south-facing rear aspect. Downstairs accommodation is completed by a large and well-proportioned living room at the front of the house, an entrance lobby leading to a light-filled central hallway, three bedrooms including a large bedroom suite with living area and ensuite bedroom, one bathroom, a guest WC and a utility room.
Upstairs the extension delivers further generous living space in the form of a large open-plan den with two spacious bedrooms leading directly off.
Outside, the property’s extensive frontage (58’) allows plenty of room for parking on the gravelled driveway. But the real jewel in this property’s outdoor crown is an unsually large rear garden (93 x 27’), which is not overlooked and commands those eye-catching views of the nearby Dublin mountains. The garden includes a large, block-built shed and an extensive patio immediately to the rear of the house, perfectly placed to attract all day sun.
The property enjoys a highly convenient location in a mature and peaceful residential area just five minutes walk from Shankill’s regenerated village centre. This puts it within easy reach of local shops, amenities and an excellent choice of services and schools, including nearby Shankill Library, which is just a few steps away.
Call us today to arrange a viewing of this must-see property.
BER: C3 BER Nr: 111402624 Perf: 215.874 kWh/m2/yr
63 New Vale Shankill, Co. Dublin, D18 VY29
- Entrance lobby leading to hallway
- Light-filled central hallway with stairs leading to first floor
- Spacious and well proportioned living room with raised feature fireplace and windows overlooking front of property
- Exceptionally spacious contemporary open-plan kitchen, dining room and lounge living space
- Spacious bedroom suite overlooking front of property
- Includes large ensuite bathroom with wc, whb and glass cubicle shower, and raised living space in open plan configuration with bedroom
- Bedroom 2 (double) overlooking front of property
- Bedroom 3 (single) overlooking front of property
- Family bathroom with wc, whb, full-length bath and glass cubicle corner shower
- Guest bathroom with wc and whb
- Utility/storage room
- Bedroom 4 (large double) with window to front of property
- Bedroom 5 (large double) with floor-to-ceiling window overlooking back garden
- Large open plan den with extensive under roof storage and opposite facing windows overlooking front and rear of property
- Modern fitted integrated kitchen with stainless steel double sink with drainer, extensive storage and blue marble counter tops
- Full range of modern appliances incuded in sale – electric hob and separate built-in oven (Zanussi) with extractor fan, American style fridge (Samsung), dishwasher (Zanussi) and microwave (Sanyo)
- Appliances also include washing machine (Zanussi) in utility room
- Rooflight windows illuminate kitchen with natural light
- Ample space to accommodate full range of integrated kitchen appliances
- Quality floor and wall tiles in kitchen and bathrooms
- Solid ash timber flooring in all other extension rooms
- Solid chestnut flooring in living room
- Solid timber flooring in all other rooms
- Feature natural timbered ceiling, skirting boards and built-in alcove book shelves in living room
- Natural timbered ceiling and skirting boards in bedroom suite
- Recessed ceiling lights and natural timber skirting boards in hallway and kitchen/diner/lounge
- Curtains in all bedrooms
- Wooden Venetian blinds in living room
- Timber uPVC double-glazed windows and doors in extension
- Aluminium double-glazed windows in rest of property
- Oil-fired central heating, with zonal heating system
- Low maintenance front garden with extensive gravelled drive providing ample off-street parking
- Exceptionally large, south-facing rear garden attracting all day sun
- Rear garden largely set out as lawn for easy maintenance
- Not overlooked
- Spacious patio area immediately to rear of kitchen/diner/lounge with scenic mountain views
- Large solid block construction shed, wired for electricity
- Gardens bounded by mature hedges and trees
- Side entrance and passageway, providing exterior access between front and rear of property, and discreet storage area for bins
- Quiet and peaceful location within mature, long-established residential area
Tucked away in a mature residential setting off Dublin Road, New Vale is a short stroll from Shankill’s regenerated, bustling village centre. This offers an excellent choice of shops and services including a pharmacy, hairdresser, restaurant, takeaway, café, newsagent, hardware store, a popular pub (Brady’s of Shankill), a Tesco convenience store and, just a few steps from the property, Shankill’s characterful public library.
Located between Killiney to the north and Bray to the south, Shankill is close to a great selection of schools including Rathmichael National School just around the corner, as well as St. Anne’s, St. Gerard’s, St. Brendan’s and St. Laurence College secondary schools.
The property offers easy access to a wealth of services and amenities in the wider catchment area including Shanganagh Park, Shankill Beach (accessed via Corbawn Lane), golf, tennis and other sporting facilities. Shankill DART station and Dublin Bus and Aircoach stops are close by, while the N11 is a stone’s throw away, providing an easy commute to Dublin and seamless transport links to the south-east and the M50.