6 Castle Villas Killincarrig
|Area: 876 sq ft sq ft||Bedrooms: 3||Price: SOLD|
|Type: Semi-detached house plus adjoining site containing the ruins of a historic castle||Location: Right next to the centre of Killincarrig village|
Your home can truly be your castle with this unique property, which comes to the market as a single lot comprising both 6 Castle Villas and an adjoining site on which stand the ruins of historic Killincarrig Castle. Set in a mature residential location right next to the centre of Killincarrig village, the house combines its original charm with all the facilities of modern living, including contemporary bathroom fittings, a flame-effect gas fire in the cosy sitting room and a large kitchen-diner extension with plenty of storage and appliances that has greatly increased the original living space. Extensive gardens to the front, side and rear offer tremendous potential to further extend and improve.
Also included in the sale is a large adjoining site on which stand the ruins of Killincarrig Castle (technically a fortified manor house), with historical connections to Wicklow’s war-torn past. These include the 17th Century conquest of Ireland by Oliver Cromwell, during which the Lord Protector himself reputedly suffered the indignity of having his horse stolen when he stopped off for an overnight stay. Call us to arrange a viewing of this unique property with tremendous developmental potential.
6 Castle Villas Killincarrig
- Entrance hall
- Living room/lounge with open fireplace and built-in storage press
- Spacious kitchen/diner
- Downstairs bathroom with whb and wc
- Additional room suitable for a variety of uses such as a study, second reception or third bedroom
- Bedroom 1: double bedroom at front with built-in floor-to-ceiling wardrobes
- Bedroom 2: double bedroom at rear with built-in wardrobe
- Bathroom with skylight
- Large front garden bounded by fence and hedge, recently cleared to free up space to side of house
- Extensive rear garden, set out in grass
- Long driveway with ample off-street parking for several vehicles
- Gardens and adjoining castle site offer tremendous potential for further development
- Modern kitchen with fitted floor and wall units, shelving and stainless steel sink
- Full range of integrated appliances including washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and electric oven/hob with extractor fan
- Gas-fired central heating
- Flame-effect gas-fired feature fireplace in living room with marble hearth and wooden mantelpiece
- Family bathroom with contemporary style fittings and sanitary ware including shower cubicle with sliding doors, Mira shower, wc and whb
- Quality tiling in kitchen and bathrooms
- Laminate flooring in remaining downstairs rooms
- Carpets on stairs and in upstairs bedrooms
- uPVC double glazed windows
Despite its name, Killincarrig Castle was actually constructed as a fortified manor house in the early 17th Century. Originally built by the Anglo-Irish Walsh family, the building is described in the Down Survey of 1657 as ‘the finest building in the half barony.’ Prior to Cromwell’s visit, it was a stronghold of the Catholic Confederates during the Eleven Years War (1641-53), while rebels are said to have hidden there during the 1798 Rebellion. It stands on an east-facing slope directly behind the rear garden of 6 Castle Villas.
Taking its name from the historic ruin which is included in the sale, Castle Villas is a quiet and mature residential development right next to the centre of Killincarrig village, where services include a convenience store and a popular local pub. The property is also within walking distance of Greystones with its excellent choice of schools and bustling town centre. There’s a wide variety of sports and leisure facilities in the vicinity, including soccer, rugby, GAA, tennis, sailing, Greystones marina and the Shoreline Leisure Centre. Commuting to Dublin couldn’t be easier thanks to the close proximity of the N11 and Greystones DART station. Public bus services include the 184 and the 84, while the Aircoach provides a direct link to Dublin airport. Delgany village is also close by.
VIEWING: By appointment only
CONTACT: Gabriel Dooley on 01 20 10 300