2 Duncairn Terrace Bray
|Area: 604 sq m/6,497 sq ft||Bedrooms:||Price: €1,500,000|
|Type: Four-storey semi-detached period property||Location: High footfall position in commercial heart of Bray|
Zoned for commercial office use and enjoying a central location at the heart of Bray’s commercial and retail centre, this period property has been enhanced by a well-executed rear extension, which has increased the overall floor area of the original house by 25 percent. For a complete description, see below for further details.
Click on the links below for a YouTube video, a virtual tour of the property, Sky 360 view of the house, a downloadable PDF brochure and/or floor plans:
Videos by VR Tours: www.vrtoursireland.com
Built in 1859 at the height of the town’s building boom following the construction of the railway linking Dublin to Bray, this three-storey over basement property is presented in excellent condition throughout and retains most of its orginal features. These include granite quoins, parapets with projecting eaves, high ceilings, ornate ceiling roses, cornices and coving, and flat-headed sash frame windows with shutters and moulded surrounds, all characteristic of the mid-Victorian era.
Sympathetically integrated into this space are a total of 14 offices, most of them exceptionally large. The majority also incorporate feature fireplaces and attractive brick and stone interior walls that complement the property’s period ambience. Arranged across four floors, many of the offices enjoy views on to attractive lawned gardens to the front and rear.
Further accommodation includes kitchen/canteen facilities, storage, hallways, landings and stairs, and separate men’s and women’s toilets located on the second and basement floors. Two of the offices also serve as IT/telecommunications rooms.
To the rear, an expansive and light-filled modern, two-storey extension has added over 1,400 square feet of additional space at basement and ground floor level, representing an increase of just over 25% to the orginal overall floor area.
Outside, there is substanial secure parking to the rear safeguarded, by an electrically-powered security gate. There are well-tended lawned gardens to both front and rear, attractively set off by mature shrubs and flowering trees.
The property is centrally located and represents a ready-to-go premises in a prime location on Bray’s busy Quinsboro Road, and a mere 100 metres from from the much anticipated opening of the substantial Oakmount Shopping and Amenity Centre.
Duncairn Terrace is part of the historic district, which is a preferred location for many of Bray’s professional operations including medical, legal, architectural and accountants.
Duncairn Terrace is also just a short walk from Bray DART station and well served by Dublin Bus routes linking Bray with Greystones, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin city centre and its southside suburbs.
Thanks to its central location in a high footfall area, the property guarantees any new or existing business an immediate and lasting profile in a prestigious location.
With a population of almost 32,000, Bray is the third largest town in Ireland. Set on the border between Counties Dublin and Wicklow, the bustling seaside town is well served by public transport including frequent DART and Dublin Bus services, while the N11/M11 and M50 road links provide direct access to all the major routes. Dublin Airport is 35 minutes away via the motorway. The active community, proximity to shops, thriving tourism industry and extensive parking in the area all ensure Duncairn Terrace enjoys an excellent position at the heart of local commercial and business life.
2 Duncairn Terrace Bray
- Basement entrance hall (15.6 x 8.4 ft): with stairs to Ground Floor
- Office 1 (24.1 x 18.5 ft)
- Office 2 (20 x 16.4 ft): Currently fitted out with sink, kitchen units and space for appliances
- Office 3 (27.6 x 21.3): Forming part of extension, served by cast iron stairs leading to Ground Floor
- Office 4 (9.5 x 8.3 ft): accommodating IT and telecommunications cabling
- Bathroom (8.1 x 7 ft) with walk-in glass cubicle shower, whb and wc
- Basement WC 1 (9.1 x 3.1): one of a pair of separate men and women’s toilets
- Basement WC 2 (9.1 x 3.1): one of a pair of separate men and women’s toilets
- Common area adjoining toilets (9.5 x 8.3 ft)
- Exit space (9.7 x 3.1 ft): Providing access to emergency exit door
- Entrance lobby (11.6 x 9.1 ft)
- Ground floor entrance hall (21.8 x 9.4): with stairs to First and Basement Floors
- Separate entrance area (5.8 x 5.2 ft): Serving Offices 5 – 7
- Office 5 (25 x 19 ft)
- Office 6 (23.5 x 16.2 ft)
- Office 7 (21 x 23 ft): Forming part of extension, served by cast iron stairs leading to Basement Floor
- Office 8 (12.8 x 8.2 ft)
- Landing (8.5 x 4.1 ft): with stairs to First and Second Floors
- Separate entrance area (10.5 x 5 ft): Serving Offices 9 and 10
- Office 9 (24.2 x 18.4 ft)
- Office 10 (24 x 16.3 ft)
- Office 11 (23.8 x 7.7 ft): accommodating IT and telecommunications cabling
FIRST FLOOR/SECOND FLOOR RETURN
- Storage room (7.4 x 4 ft): Off return
- Landing (9.2 X 8.8): with stairs to First Floor
- Office 12 (18.4 x 14.5 ft)
- Office 13 (19 x 10.6 ft)
- Office 14 (16.4 x 15.8 ft)
- Separate storage/entrance area (16.8 x 6.6): Serving Offices 13 and 14
- Kitchenette (9 x 7.6 ft)
- Second Floor WC 1 (8 x 3.9): one of a pair of separate men and women’s toilets
- Second Floor WC 2 (8 x 3.9): one of a pair of separate men and women’s toilets
- Common area adjoining toilets (7.4 x 4 ft)
FLOOR AREA SUMMARY
- Plot size: 10,200 sq ft (0.234 acre)
- Basement Floor: 2,024 sq ft/188 sq m
- Ground Floor: 1,874 sq ft/174 sq m
- First Floor: 1,315 sq ft/122 sq m
- Second Floor: 1,283 sq ft/119 sq m
- Total: 6,497 sq ft/604 sq m
- Well-established business location
- High footfall position at the heart of local commercial and retail activity
- Third largest town in Ireland
- Extensive parking in the town
- Frequent bus services
- Three minutes’ walk from Bray DART station
- N11/M11 and M50 road links provide direct access to all major routes
- Only 40 minutes’ drive to Dublin
- Detailed floor plans of property available from selling agent on request