2-3 Blacklion Centre Greystones
|Area: 1,520 per unit sq ft||Bedrooms: N/A||Price: TO LET €35K (Café) and €30K (shop) p/a|
|Type: Retail/hospitality units||Location: Prime position in busy retail centre|
Enjoying a prime position in a busy shopping centre anchored by the local branch of Lidl, these adjoining retail units are perfectly placed to attract passing trade thanks to their highly visible location within clear view of traffic on the nearby main R761 route into Greystones from Bray.
Previously operated as a café/restaurant, Unit 3 has permission for food use and features a large (780 sq ft) front-of-house area with service counter and room to comfortably accommodate up to 50 customers. Back-of-house (740 sq ft) includes a fully fitted kitchen, two cold rooms, ample storage, a mop room, and separate staff and customer toilets.
Formerly in use as a convenience store, the neighbouring Unit 2 is currently set out in a large (1,060 sq ft), single open-plan space to the front, while back-of-shop (460 sq ft) comprises service areas, storage, a staff toilet and a loading door to the rear. Both units offer flexible and extensive retail space, suitable for a wide variety of retail and hospitality purposes.
Available separately or together (there is internal access between the two units), these rental properties represent an excellent opportunity to launch a new food or retail business in a ready-to-go location serving one of the East Coast’s most sought after towns. It would equally suit an established business looking to expand its existing network. Further details available on application to the selling agent.
2-3 Blacklion Centre Greystones, Rathdown Road, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
UNIT 2: Currently set out for retail use
- Main shop (53’ x 20’): Versatile, open-plan space, suitable for many purposes
- Back-of-shop area (32’ 6” x 12’ 6”): includes storage, service area, toilet, electronics room and rear delivery access
- Toilet (5’ x 5’)
- Entrance area with rear door (5’ x 3’)
- Total floor area: 1,520 sq. ft
UNIT 3: Currently fitted out for use as café/restaurant
- Front-of-house (39’ x 20’): Includes service counter/bar and customer seating area, accommodating up to 40 table settings with further room as counter if required
- Kitchen (17 x 10’ 6’): Fully fitted with stainless steel, industrial catering equipment and applicances
- Office (6 x 9’ 6”)
- Storage Area 1 (7’ x 3 ’6”) leading to Cold Room 1 (9’ x 8 ’6”)
- Storage Area 2 (8’ x 8’) leading to Cold Room 2 (12’ x 9’)
- Mop store (10’ x 3’): with sluice
- Customer toilet (7 x 3’)
- Staff toilet (7 x 3’)
- Total floor area: 1,520 sq. ft
- Café/restaurant has permission for food-related use
- Fully-fitted kitchen with industrial standard stainless steel cookers, grill, deep fat fryer, appliances, units and equipment
- Fitted with extraction system
- Timber floor in main restaurant area
- Polished tile flooring in main shop area
- Solid concrete floor in service/delivery area
- Suspended lighting and/or strip light illumination throughout
- Unit 2 equipped with roll-down shutter in
- Internal access between properties
- Extensive shop frontages with excellent visibilility
- Ample free parking within centre
- High visibility location
- Rear access to facilitate deliveries at the back of properties
- Plentiful parking available in public car park directly to rear of property
- Fully serviced outlets suitable for a wide variety of uses
- Excellent location on key arterial route on northern side of town
- Set within retail centre anchored by Lidl supermarket
- Second largest town in Wicklow
- Thriving local food, tourism and retail sectors
- Extensive free parking available
- Well served by public transport
- R761, N11/M11 and M50 road links provide direct access to all major routes
The properties are well placed to serve a strong local market that has grown rapidly over the past decade, reflected by the many well-estabished restaurants, cafés, bistros and pubs that do thriving business in the town. The local economy is boosted by the town’s popularity with visitors eager to experince Greystones Marina and other local attractions.
The 2016 Cenus confirms continuing local growth, which has transformed Greystones into Co. Wicklow’s second largest town, with a population of 18,140. The property is ideally positioned to serve this vibrant market, thanks to its high visibility location within easy reach of all the town’s many residential developments. Passing trade is reinforced by excellent local transport links, including the 184 and 84 buses to Dublin city centre, the Aircoach to Dublin Airport and the local DART station right across the road.
CONTACT: Gabriel Dooley on 01 20 10 300