15 Derreen Drive Wicklow
|Area: 1,116 sq ft||Bedrooms: 4||Price: €295,000|
|Type: Detached house||Location: Half km. from town centre|
Thanks to its prime corner site location on a larger than average site for this popular development, this detached property offers excellent potential (subject to planning reguilation) to create a wonderful family home by extending to both the side and rear.
To begin with, there’s the option to follow the example of neighbouring home owners by building on to the kitchen, with the added advantage that extra side space offers scope to create a stunning kitchen/diner at the heart of the home.
Currently set up as a workshop, the presence of a separate standalone (not included in the floor area of the house) garage offers further exicting possibilities, such as converting this into a home office, den, study, games room or children’s playroom.
While existing accommodation would benefit from modernisation, the fundamental underlying strengths of the property will repay any investment made with rich lifestyle dividends.
Set on an elvated site within the mature and well-established Friars Hill area, the property enjoys a convenient location approximately half a kilometre from Wicklow’s main street and within easy reach of the many shops, services and amenities the town has to offer.
An ideal choice for young families, couples, downsizers and investors alike, call us now to arrange a viewing.
Dooley Auctioneers are joint selling agents with Dooley-Poynton Auctioneers.
15 Derreen Drive, Friars Hill, Wicklow Town, Co. Wicklow A67CX72
- Entrance hall with tiled floor, leading to all ground floor rooms and stairs leading to upper floor
- Good-sized living room overlooking front garden, with carpet, feature fireplace and separate built-in book case and display press
- Kitchen overlooking back garden, with tiled floor
- Family bathroom with wc, whb and shower
- Bedroom 1: Overlooking front garden, with built-in wardrobe, carpet, curtains and venetian blinds
- Bedroom 2: Overlooking back gadren, with built-in wardrobe, carpet, curtains and venetian blinds
- Stairs leading to upper floor, with carpet
- Landing with hot press
- Main bedroom overlooking front garden, with carpet, curtains/venetian blinds and extensive, full-wall floor-to-ceiling built-in wardrobe
- Ensuite bathroom off main bedroom with shower, wc and whb
- Bedroom 3: Overlooking back gadren, with with carpet, curtains/venetian blinds and built-in wardrobe
- Long driveway with ample, off-street parking space for several cars
- Good-sized gardens to front and rear, with additional space to side
- Large, separate standalone garage/workshop, wired for electricity
- Integrated fitted kitchen with generous storage space, single stainless steel sink with drainer and ceiling height tiled splashbacks
- uPVC Double-glazed windows and exterior doors
- Oil-fired central heating
- Carpets, curtains and blinds in living room and all bedrooms
- Feature fireplace in living room/lounge with timber mantel and marble hearth/surround
- TV point in living room
- WiFi service available
- Prime corner site offering excellent potential to develop and extend property (subject to planning regulation)
- Sunny, west-facing rear aspect
- Mature gardens planted out with fine selection of shrubs, flowers and trees
- Back garden set out as flag stone paving area with numerous planting areas
- Timber garden shed
- Well-maintained communal areas
15 Derreen Drive Wicklow is set in a mature development located on an elevated site within the popular Friars Hill area on the northern outskirts of town, just half a kilometre from the main street. This puts the property within walking distance of a wide range of shops, services, supermarkets, pubs, cafés, restuarants and sporting facilities. An excellent choice of nearby local schools includes Wicklow Educate Together National School, Coláiste Chill Mhantain, East Glendalough School, Gaelscoil Chill Mhantain, Abbey Community College and Rainbows Pre-School. The town also offers a great selection of recreational attractions and amenities, including the harbour and the surrounding Murrough area, where the two piers, the coastal wetlands and the local strand are all popular with walkers and nature lovers. The town is also ideally placed to enjoy the many natural amenities the surrounding Wicklow hinterland has to offer. The area enjoys good access to the nearby N11, while the town is also served by bus and rail links to Dublin.
Dooley Auctioneers are joint selling agents on this property with Dooley Poynton Auctioneers, 25 Market Square, Wicklow.
CONTACT: Gabriel Dooley Tel: 01 20 10 300 or Dooley Poynton Auctioneers Tel: 0404 62292
VIEWING: By appointment only