102 Rathdown Park Greystones
|Area: 1,600 sq ft||Bedrooms: 4||Price: €525,000|
|Type: Semi-detached house||Location: Mature development, close to town centre|
Set in a mature and much sought after residential development, this comfortable family home enjoys an excellent location five minutes’ drive from Greystones town centre and just a short walk from a modern neighbourhood shopping centre right across the road.
Presented in good condition with a high standard of décor throughout, existing accommodation includes a well-appointed fitted modern kitchen, an exceptionally large open-plan lounge and dining room with a built-in wood burning Stovax stove (multi-fuel option available) and entrance hall. There’s also walk-in understair storage that could be converted into a downstairs wc. Upstairs, there are four double bedrooms – one ensuite and three with built-in wardrobes – along with a family bathroom, walk-in hot press and a spacious landing with access via a pull down ladder to that eminently convertible attic, which is already floored and shelved.
Well-maintained and enhanced by many attractive features, the property is in move-in condition. For those with an eye to potential, the good news is that it also offers tremendous scope to extend, refurbish and/or build on thanks to a range of possibilities. These include converting the large carport to the side of the house into additional living space, reconfiguring the interior to create a large kitchen/diner, extending upwards into the attic or building on a rear extension into that large back garden. While subject to planning regulation, many neighbouring homeowners have already completed precisely such enhancements to their properties.
And that’s not the end of the potential – outside there’s a large hard surface area at the far end of the back garden that is ideal for a sun patio or alternatively, to locate a home office. In addition to this, there is also an existing separate outbuilding. Currently in use as an artist’s studio and already wired for electricity, this standalone structure offers the possibility of refurbishment for use as a guest apartment, granny flat or a rental to generate additional income.
Outside, the property is set on an exceptionally large (0.08 acre) plot, one of the largest in Rathdown Park. The spacious rear garden (1,939 square feet) encompasses spacious barbecue areas and mature apple trees. For families, there’s ample space for swings, a slide and a trampoline, while there’s also a large green area for sports enthusiasts, pets, outdoor entertainment or those who simply want to potter about in a secluded garden.
To the front, the property is set well back from the road, with an ample driveway providing parking for up to four cars. A large tree and established hedges afford privacy from passing traffic.
The property is set within extensive amenity spaces enhanced by leafy, tree-lined walkways providing handy short-cuts to New Road, La Touche Park and Redford Park. It is also ideally placed to enjoy the many outstanding leisure and sporting amenities the town has to offer, including the marina, harbour and the Greystones end of the scenic cliff walk to Bray.
Call us today to arrange a viewing.
102 Rathdown Park Greystones, Co. Wicklow A63FY74
- Entrance hall (11.4 x 4.05 ft): with carpet
- Modern fitted kitchen (14.4 x 9.9 ft): with integrated appliances and frosted glass door leading to rear garden
- Open plan living/dining room (36.1 x 12.6 ft): with carpet, feature fireplace with Stovax wood burning stove, with brick surround, timber mantle and stone hearth
- Walk-in understair storage
- Stairs and return with carpet, leading to first floor
- Landing (8.9 x 6.4 ft): with access to attic
- Bedroom 1: (14.1 x 12.6 ft): with carpet and built-in wardrobe
- Ensuite bathroom (9.5 x 4 ft): with Trident electric power shower, whb and wc
- Bedroom 2 (14.8 x 11.7 ft): with carpet and built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 3 (13.1 x 9.5 ft) with carpet and built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 4 (10.4 x 9.4 ft): with carpet
- Family bathroom (10 x 5.5 ft): with bath, shower, wc, whb and floor-to-ceiling wall tiles
- Walk-in hot press (5.1 x 4.1 ft)
- Attic (31.1 x 14.5): floored and shelved
- Block-built, standalone, two-room building (18.3 x 8.1 ft) in back garden, currently in use as artist’s studio, comprising: studio (13.8 x 8.1 ft) and storage room (8.1 x 4.5 ft), wired for electricity
- Well-maintained property, in good condition throughout
- Fitted modern kitchen with tiled splashbacks, integrated stainless steel sink with drainer, beech wood style floor and wall storage units and ample counter top space
- Integrated modern kitchen appliances includes Whirlpool electric oven, hob and extractor fan, and Kenwood dishwasher
- Carpets in lounge/dining room, hall stairs and landing, and all bedrooms
- Panelled doors throughout
- Gas-fired central heating
- Conversion-friendly attic
- TV and WiFi connections available
- One of largest plots in development, with exceptionally large gardens to front (756 sq ft) and rear (1939 sq ft)
- Long driveway providing ample off-street parking
- Front garden also includes lawn, mature tree and boundary hedges
- Secluded rear garden bounded by walls and fences
- Rear garden set out in slabs, hard-surface area and well-maintained lawn with mature shrubs and apple trees
- Large hard surface area at far end of garden, ideal for attracting sun
- Standalone block built studio, wired for electricity
- Gated side entrance providing access between front and rear, and discrete enclosed storage area for bins
- Rear garden not overlooked
Built circa 1973, Rathdown Park is a quiet, well-established and well-maintained estate featuring mature trees and multiple spacious green amenity areas. All of these are maintained to a high standard by an active residents’ association, which also organises an annual Family Fun and Sports Day for the residents.
Positioned close to the wide entrance to this much sought after estate, the property is situated just a short stroll from a modern neighbourhood shopping centre that includes a large supermarket, shops and services, including a pharmacy, and GP and dental surgeries, all within four minutes’ walking distance.
A great place to raise a family, Rathdown Park is within walking distance of an excellent choice of schools, including nearby Greystones Educate Together National School, Gaelscoil na gCloch Liath, St. Kevin’s NS and St. Patrick’s, all of which are five minutes’ walk from the property. St. Brigid’s NS and St. Laurence’s NS are also within walking distance, as are Temple Carrig Secondary School (5 minutes walk) and St. David’s Holy Faith Secondary. There’s also a good choice of pre-school and Montessori schools. Many children who were reared in Rathdown Park have, in turn, returned to the estate to bring up their own families there.
The development is also within easy reach of Greystones Marina (10 minutes walk) and other recreational amenities, along with the many shops, cafés and restaurants the town centre has to offer. There’s also an excellent choice of sports and leisure facilities that includes golf, rugby, football, GAA, tennis, sailing, rowing, hockey, cricket and the Shoreline Leisure Centre.
The area is well served by public and private transport, including the Aircoach service to Dublin Airport, and the 84, 84X and 184 bus routes, all of which have stops within four minutes walking distance. Greystones DART Station is 15 minutes walking/ distance away, or five minutes by bike. The N11 and the M50 (12 minutes) are a short drive away, putting the town within easy commuting distance of Dublin.
VIEWING: By appointment only